Insulated Tile backer boards – 10mm
Tile backer boards come in many different sizes. On our site we offer 6mm or 10mm. If you need a different size call us. Insulated backer boards are always a good idea to install, whenever possible.
Definitely use in the following situations:
- Uninsulated concrete sub-floor when maximum heat required
- On a wooden sub-floor for floor stability
- If concerned about energy waste
- For fast warm up time
Insulation helps with the running costs. It does this by reducing the heat you lose. Good tile backer boards have a hard cement like skin, with insulation in the middle. The boards have other benefits. They also act as a floor stabilizer that replaces ply-wood. Tile backer boards in Europe are known as construction boards as they are so strong. The general rule with insulation boards is the thicker the board the better the insulation. However if you can only fit in 6mm this is still effective.
If you require a thicker board, they are available in thicknesses up to 70mm.
- Cement coated for superior strength
- High density extruded polystyrene to trap that warmth
- Excellent insulating qualities
- Provides a thermal and moisture barrier protecting your flooring
- reduce you electric bills and install thin under tile insulation.
- Use for bath surround or in wet rooms.
The boards we sell are made in the UK to very high standards. If you want to read about the full potential of these products read this information.
In our opinion it’s best to avoid the boards without the cementicious (hard) skin. You will find cheaper boards but from experiance the risk isn’t worth it!
We have been working with the manufacturer for over 12 years. The fail rate is 0%. If you want to fit the best these are the boards for you. For full technical details see these fact sheets.
Any questions, email or call us we’re happy to help!